Showcase for Undergraduate Research
and Creative Activities (SURCA)
SURCA is the only WSU-wide event featuring the faculty-mentored research, scholarship, and creative activities of undergraduates from all majors, grades, and campuses—work that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to a discipline. It is hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research, which is part of the Office of Undergraduate Education. Begun in 2012, SURCA is the fourth and newest event in the annual WSU Showcase.
SURCA 2014: March 28
| Visit SURCA:
At SURCA 2013...
- 117 posters and 10 oral presentations highlighted the results of nearly 150 students' mentored work to create new knowledge in fields across the university.
- Global Campus participants made virtual presentations.
- Awards went to winners in 8 categories.
- Judging was by faculty, staff, post-docs, and external experts.
- Guests from WSU and the community visited oral presentations,the public session of the poster event, and the awards ceremony.
Read about each student participant's research, scholarship, and creative activity in the SURCA 2013 Abstract Book.